France: Jura, Vosges, AlsaceRomandie, the French-speaking western part of Switzerland, is entirely bordered by France, from north to south. We group together here the regions beyond the north-western border, from Geneva to Basel.
These panoramas were shot during our 2022 "Switzerland Tour Outside Switzerland", which you can discover on this page
This Switzerland Tour beyond the borders, which crosses France, Germany, Austria and Italy, shows just how arbitrary borders can be.
The French and Swiss Alps and Pre-Alps are alike, Lake Léman remains blue in the north as well as in the south and the Jura mountains remains the Jura on both sides of the border.
The shots in neighbouring France were taken between May and July, in very variable weather conditions, between good weather and stormy skies, and many beautiful destinations are still missing.
We hope to show you more of it in 2023! Other panoramas of France, shot in the Genevois, in the south of Lake Geneva and in the Pre-Alps and Alps, are available here
- Altkirch - The capital of the Sundgau, the south of Alsace
- Eguisheim - A beautiful medieval town in the heart of winegrowing Alsace
- Hirtzbach - A typical village in the Sundgau, the southern region of Alsace
- Maîche - Some panoramas of St. Peter's Church
- Markstein - Short stroll in the nature below the Markstein
- Mouthe - The village near the source of the Doubs, the emblematic river of the Jura
- Munster - Stroll through the centre of the city of cheese and storks
- Saut du Doubs - The highest waterfall in the Jura, on the French-Swiss border
- Vosges - The Route des Crêtes, a military road turned tourist destination
The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2023
All rights reserved for all countries