North of ItalyLet's go south of the Alps to discover some of the regions of northern Italy, from the French-speaking Val d'Aosta in the west to the German-speaking South Tyrol in the east, passing through the large lakes with their Mediterranean atmosphere.
Except the ones shot in Campione d'Italia (an Italian enclave in Ticino), these panoramas were shot during our 2022 "Switzerland Tour Outside Switzerland", which you can discover on this page
This Switzerland Tour beyond the borders, which crosses France, Germany, Austria and Italy, shows just how arbitrary borders can be.
In Italy, South Tyrol resembles the Austrian Tyrol, the lakes north of Milan are as blue as in the south of Ticino, the Aosta Valley looks like a cousin of Valais, and the Alps and Pre-Alps have picturesque valleys to north as to south.
We would like to thank the Aosta Valley Tourist Office and the cable car companies of Cervinia-Breuil and Courmayeur for supporting us and allowing us to shoot panoramas in places inaccessible by road, near the Matterhorn and the Mont Blanc.
All the panoramas in northern Italy were shot in May and June 2022, before the summer heat wave and with sometimes stormy weather conditions that limited the number of panoramas captured.
We already plan to return in 2023 to show you more of these spectacular regions!Neighbouring Swiss regions
- North of Lakes Maggiore and Lugano: Ticino (Italian-speaking)
- North of Lake Como and Valtellina, west of South-Tyrol: Graubünden (trilingual)
North Italy Discovery
- Aosta - Stroll through the historic centre of the capital of Valle d´Aosta
- Chamois - A car-free village in an unspoilt environment
- Cogne - Stroll through the largest village in Gran Paradiso National Park
- Etroubles - A nice village on the road to the Great St Bernard Pass
- Tirano - The Basilica of Madonna di Tirano
- Ultental - A landscape in the Ultimo Valley
- Val Camonica - A beautiful valley between two mountain passes
The Pictorial Guides
© fusions.ch 1988-2023
All rights reserved for all countries